Tuesday, February 13, 2007

STR Sock Joy


More sock joy! I've always wanted to knit these socks from Blue Moon Fiber Arts and finally just jumped in and did it. (Yes, I actually have two of these socks, but this was the best picture.)
I was inspired by the pattern from their book, but ended up doing my basic toe up sock, Widdershin heel, and just used the yarn and striping from the pattern. Added a picot cast off for fun.
I've knit socks with the lightweight before, but I think I like this medium weight better.

2 comments:

picperfic said...

oh I love that sock...I can't find the pattern on fibrearts website..any chance you can tell me the name of the pattern please?

You instruction are very helpful too :^)

K2Karen said...

The pattern is in Fair Isling on Blue Moon. You can find the book at
http://www.bluemoonfiberarts.com/other_product_detail.php?other_category_id=16&other_product_id=34

It is the Sauvie Island sock without bobbles.