Thursday, August 30, 2007

Sock Sillies



Aren't these fun! MaryLynn, my blogless sister-in-law, was going on about how much she wants mismatched socks. So I made these. For me. Yes, MaryLynn, for ME.


I bought a small sampler pack of hand-dyed romney when I went to the Santa Monica Fiber fest. I whipped out the spinning into a 3-ply worsted and knit these up loosely based on a Kathryn Alexander pattern from the Spin-Off book Socks!. I took that same sock template from my June post and just did a toe-up sock and played with the colors. The leg is, of course, entrelac. It is a bit baggy because I blocked the socks over something larger that my significant calves.

The knitting took me about 4 evenings. I had so much fun I didn't want to put them down.
On a less silly note, here's the Solstice Slip socks from the Blue Moon Fiber Art's Rockin' Sock Club 2007.
These socks feel great on the feet. I'm not a big fan of the short row heel, but I have to admit it is growing on me. I love the way the garter feels.

2 comments:

Dipsy Doodle said...

Your socks are amazingly beautiful! I love both pairs of them - awesome patterns and your color choices are just fantastic!

Dipsy D.
http://www.millharrow.com

Unknown said...

Yami socks! (Sorry for my English)